OPERATION SHOWERS OF APPRECIATION INC Overview
Target demographics: Expecting Military Families
Direct beneficiaries per year: Approximately 500 - 1000 families per year.
Someone who had 3 hours of volunteer time could: OSOA is looking for anyone wishing to volunteer their time and talents by supporting our military and their families. If you are looking for a fun and rewarding way to give back, please contact us today!
Here are ways you can help:
* Collect donations for upcoming showers of store-bought gifts for example: diapers, baby shampoo/wash, bottles, teethers, pacifiers, bath tubs, wash cloths, clothing, socks, shoes and toys
* Knit, monogram or sew handmade baby blankets, quilts, bibs, hats, booties, burp cloths for upcoming showers
* Host a baby shower in your local city or base/post
* Offer your professional services pro-bono
* “Like” us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and our OSOA blog.
* Help us wrap baby shower gifts at one of our wrapping parties
* Assist the local baby shower coordinator by helping to secure donations, rentals, decorations or even assisting with set-up and clean-up
Geographic areas served: We are currently serving military families located all across the United States. We are hoping to expand outside the US in 2013.
Programs: Military Baby Showers
Unit Assistance Program
Emergency Assistance Program