The purpose of the organization is to create a zero tolerance for violence against women by:
· Increasing community awareness around issues of violence against women and its interrelationship with all other forms of oppression;
· Educating ourselves and others about the extent and the nature of violence that is systematically used against women to keep us from becoming powerful, autonomous individuals;
· Honoring the memory of the victims of violence and celebrating its survivors;
· Serving as a collective voice for women to demand a world in which women''s bodies, minds and spirits are not targets of violence;
· Empowering individual men and women to take direct action against violence through activism; and
· Providing the leadership to challenge organizations and other institutions to implement policies and initiatives which are effective in addressing issues of violence against women.