NORCAL GERMAN SHORTHAIRED POINTER RESCUE INC Overview
Profile ( less )
% Barbara Gale Treasurer
Target demographics: needy German Shorthaired Pointers
Direct beneficiaries per year: 45 GSPs plus tracked over 200 shelter GSPs, and fielded numerous phone calls and emails for questions and advice
Someone who had 3 hours of volunteer time could: Do a life-saving transport of an urgent dog from the shelter to his or her new foster home!
Geographic areas served: Northern California
Programs: rescue and rehoming, including a health exam by a veterinarian, age-appropriate vaccinations, fecal and heartworm testing and treatment, spay/neuter, and any other needed medical care.
* To provide veterinary care for each German Shorthaired Pointer rescue including spaying/neutering, vaccinations, heartworm tests & preventative, intestinal parasite treatment and any other medical care needed.
* To educate potential owners about the German Shorthaired Pointer breed and its special requirements to ensure an educated decision when selecting the breed as a pet.
* To assist owners in solving problems with their German Shorthaired Pointer in order to keep German Shorthaired Pointers in their current home.
* To encourage owners to use their breeders as a resource of support and information.
* To educate animal control officers and shelter personnel on how to properly identify a German Shorthaired Pointer and of their particular personality and behavioral traits.