N Street Village, Inc.
Target demographics: Homeless and low-income women in Washington D.C. 18 and older. Many of the women we serve are over 40. Last year, 81% reported a history of trauma, 68% reported a history of mental illness, and 39% reported a history of addiction.
Direct beneficiaries per year: 900
Someone who had 3 hours of volunteer time could: Assist with special events, teach classes in our Wellness Center or night shelter, or help a woman with her resume and job interviewing skills.
- Served nearly 50,000 meals to women in its Bethany Women's Center day program
- Provided safe shelter or housing on-site to 162 women.
- Helped 93% of women living in our addiction recovery housing programs maintain their sobriety.
- Helped 82% of women who received individual mental health therapy from us gain stable or improved mental health.
- Helped 96% of newly employed clients keep their jobs for at least three months.
Support This Nonprofit
Promote This Nonprofit
Great Nonprofits badges allow you to raise awareness of your favorite organizations on your own web sites. for text link or graphic badge.Get badge