Medical Teams International Overview
Target demographics: people affected by disaster, conflict and poverty.
Direct beneficiaries per year: 2.7 million people in 41 countries
Geographic areas served: Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the U.S.
Programs: International development, humanitarian aid distribution, direct medical and dental care, medical training, and disaster relief.
- Provided dental services worth over $8.7 MM to over 18,500 adults & children
- Sent 134 volunteer teams to provide care in 18 countries and respond to disasters and humanitarian crises in 3 countries
- Mobilized 2,509 volunteers to help those in need
- Shipped more than $84 MM medicines and supplies to 36 countries to help more than 2.2 MM people
- Delivered personal hygiene and medical items to 60 social service agencies in the U.S.