Mission: Medical Teams International is a nonprofit, humanitarian aid relief/development organization whose mission is to demonstrate the love of Christ to people affected by disaster, conflict and poverty. We do this by sending volunteer response teams, distributing humanitarian aid and by providing community development.
Results: In 2013, we:
- Provided dental services worth over $8.7 MM to over 18,500 adults & children
- Sent 134 volunteer teams to provide care in 18 countries and respond to disasters and humanitarian crises in 3 countries
- Mobilized 2,509 volunteers to help those in need
- Shipped more than $84 MM medicines and supplies to 36 countries to help more than 2.2 MM people
- Delivered personal hygiene and medical items to 60 social service agencies in the U.S.
Target demographics: people affected by disaster, conflict and poverty.
Direct beneficiaries per year: 2.7 million people in 41 countries
Geographic areas served: Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the U.S.
Programs: International development, humanitarian aid distribution, direct medical and dental care, medical training, and disaster relief.
Medical Teams has an impact locally and globally. They work to improve and save lives with Mobile Dental vans, doctors and nurse teams working in countries in need and even sending volunteers to build stoves to improve respiratory health in places where indoor fire pits contribute to early death. This is an amazing organization who rely on volunteers.