LOVE NEVER FAILS INTERNATIONAL INC Overview
Target demographics: At-risk and impoverished children, ages 8 - 16.
Someone who had 3 hours of volunteer time could: Volunteer as a mentor in one of our after school programs and help change the lives of children!
* Partner with low-income children and families to bring about social, economic, and spiritual rebirth through assistance, tutoring, and mentoring;
* Pursue lasting solutions to the underlying causes of poverty and bring relief to those who are suffering;
* Create in the midst of urban blight wholesome places for families to flourish;
* Lend a hand up, not a hand out;
* Empower families to rise above negative circumstances; and
* Lend aid both domestically and internationally.
Program Results (Quantitative):
We have found through evaluating school-issued report cards and TAKS scores that children who attended on a consistent basis (at least 80% of the time) and participated regularly in the program showed the following results in the 2009-2010 school year:
• 73% of the students received academic recognition on the A or AB Honor Rolls in the final six weeks.
• 87% of the students earned Satisfactory or Excellent conduct scores in the final six weeks.
• 90% of the students earned passing scores on the Reading TAKS test. 26% of these were commended.
• 80% of the students earned passing scores on the Math TAKS test. 17% of these were commended.
• Students in our Birdville ISD programs increased their reading fluency by an average of 36 words per minute over the school year.
Program Results (Qualitative):
The following data was collected through anonymous surveys that were conducted:
• 67% of teachers & administrators said they saw a change in the behavior of the children.
• 100% of teachers & administrators said the LNFI program has had a significant impact at their school.
• 100% of teachers & administrators said they would recommend other schools begin an LNFI program.
• 73% of parents said LNFI has positively impacted their child’s behavior.
• 91% of parents said LNFI has positively impacted their child’s reading level.
• 91% of parents said they believe their child’s attendance in LNFI has helped decrease altercations and other problems during the after school hours.
• 94% of students said they have felt loved by the people at LNFI.
Photos & VideoAre you the Nonprofit? Your photos and videos would look great here!
Support This Nonprofit
Promote This Nonprofit
Great Nonprofits badges allow you to raise awareness of your favorite organizations on your own web sites. for text link or graphic badge.Get badge