Little Helping Hands Overview
Programs: Through our website, families can view each month a wide variety of hands-on volunteer opportunities supporting numerous nonprofits/groups and sign up for them directly, making it simple for parents/caregivers and their children to experience the value and importance of community service together in a fun and positive learning environment.
Little Helping Hands will also work with local businesses to create or enhance employee community service programs with family volunteer opportunities and assist those looking for group volunteer opportunities within the Austin community.
• 477 volunteer activities organized
• 3,088 children and their parents/caregivers logged over 7,400 total volunteer hours last year serving over 40 organizations/groups.
• Donated, prepared and served meals to over 3,500 homeless, working poor and children or families experiencing difficult times.
• 850 hours working in local pantries stocking shelves and bagging food for low-income families and the homeless
• 1,500 hours spent on park and city clean-ups and other beautification activities
• 1,000 hours spent sorting and assembling basic needs items in support of children and families in need
• 900 hours volunteering as environmental stewards of our community marking 400 storm drains and breaking down over 1,200 computers for recycling and reuse
• 300 hours supporting animal welfare organizations including donating and assembling 1,400 pounds of dog food for the homeless and their pets
• 520 hours visiting and spending time with seniors in our community and helping out at charitable events