Keystone Paralyzed Veterans of America Overview
Target demographics: Military veterans living in or near Pennsylvania who have suffered spinal cord injury or disease.
Direct beneficiaries per year: 315
Geographic areas served: Pennsylvania
Programs: Advocacy for improved services, usually from the U.S. Department of Veterans' Affairs and the Pennsylvania Bureau for Veterans' Affairs. Visitation to hospitalized veterans. Recreation opportunities for SCI/D affected veterans, especially hunting, fishing, bowling, and the annual National Veterans' Wheelchair Games. Support research for assistive technology, both financially and bt providing volunteer research subjects.
- To improve the quality of life of paralyzed veterans by
- Encouraging and supporting spinal cord injury and disease research;
- Improving access to health care and other veterans’ benefits;
- Assisting in the expansion of opportunities in wheelchair sports and recreation
- Advocating for the rights of disabled people, including the reduction and elimination of barriers to accessibility and mobility.