Jewish Mosaic: The National Center for Sexual and Gender Diversity Overview
Geographic areas served: National; special outreach in Colorado and the San Francisco Bay Area
As a national trans-denominational organization, Jewish Mosaic:
- Conducts strategic policy research on issues related to LGBT Jews and the Jewish world;
- Engages with questions of sexuality, gender and inclusion in Jewish sacred texts;
- Collaborates with allies, supporters, rabbis, scholars and activists across all movements in the Jewish communal world;
- Keeps LGBT issues on the agendas of national and international Jewish institutions;
- Provides LGBT-focused resources, education, and consulting to synagogues, Jewish organizations and Jewish communal leaders throughout the country and the world;
- Connects locally-based LGBT Jewish advocacy groups with one another;
- Delivers diversity training workshops that engage Jewish community members with LGBT issues in a Jewish framework;
- Engages LGBT and allied Jews in community building programs locally in Colorado and the San Francisco Bay Area.
Based in Denver, with a regional office in the San Francisco Bay Area, Jewish Mosaic is a managed project of Jewish Funds for Justice and was founded in 2003 by Judaic studies scholars Dr. Caryn Aviv and Dr. David Shneer.
Photos & VideoAre you the Nonprofit? Your photos and videos would look great here!
Support This Nonprofit
Promote This Nonprofit
Great Nonprofits badges allow you to raise awareness of your favorite organizations on your own web sites. for text link or graphic badge.Get badge