Some of the things Hygienic Art Inc. does not want the public to know:
1. An active boardmember ( Terry "Davo" Davis ) had a blog on the hygienic website for 3 months, in which he describes Marc Chagall & Milton Glasier as "Jew artists". This was defended by other boardmembers as "freedom of speech"!
2. That there was a case of sexual harrassment filed against the president V.Scarano & treasurer J.Stidfole of Hygienic Art Inc. (CHRO Case# 0740337).
( This suit cost Hyg.Art.Inc. over $20,000 in atty fees & settlement ) See 2007 tax records.
3. Multiple Dept.of Labor Law violations. (6) involving the same parties. monies paid = $3700.
4. A artpiece that satirized the sexual harrassment , was documented and witnessed as entered into the infamous"uncensored" annual hygienic (29th.) show. mysteriously disappeared when the gallery was closed for "cleaning"!
5. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baybrOVHMso Listen Carefully! Read the full vid description.
6. As both ex-vice-president and original incorporating officer, I can personally attest to the above, (also utilizing F.O.I.) and also being threatened with arrest TWICE by Mr. Scarano (hyg. pres.), once at a board meeting because I notified some of hygienic arts finiancial supporters of hygienics board anti-semeitc apathy .
When I went to their boardmeeting, I was threatened with arrest by their president, Vincent Scarano, because I sent a f*^king letter and I signed it! - yet another boardmember ( Joe Althouse) defended Davo's blog as "freedom of speech".
Now isn't this ironic, for not only was I was once an officer and leading force in Hygienics incorporation, but they decided that one of their fellow boardmembers anti-semitic rants was easier to defend then taking action and doing the right thing.
I have also been banned from their website for speaking out on Hygienic's hypocrisy, though Davo's anti-semitic blog was allowed to remain for 3 months.
It's also ironic because Hygienic Art grew to fame because of it's annual "uncensored" art show.
Please let it be noted that Hygienic Art was started by Allyson Holtz, a jewish artist!
Review from Guidestar