GWINNETT SEXUAL ASSAULT CENTER INC Overview
Target demographics: GSAC serves anyone who has been victimized by rape, sexual assault, or child sexual abuse, regardless of age, gender, race/ethnicity, nationality, religion, or sexual orientation.
Direct beneficiaries per year: More than 3,800 people receive direct services each year.
Someone who had 3 hours of volunteer time could: We love volunteers!
Because of the confidential nature of our work, all volunteers must be screened and trained prior to their service.
Geographic areas served: GSAC can provide forensic medical exams for anyone assaulted in Georgia.
Primary Counties: Gwinnett, Rockdale, Newton counties
Cities: Berkeley Lake, Braselton, Buford, Dacula, Duluth, Grayson, Lawrenceville, Lilburn, Loganville, Norcross, Snellville, Suwanee
Programs: Programs and services provided include:
* 24-hour crisis line/ support line for allied professionals
* 24-hour crisis intervention support
* 24/7 forensic-medical evidentiary exam and GBI- SAEK evidence collection
* Victim Advocacy; Medical Advocacy; Family Advocacy
Legal Advocacy Services
* 24/7 Forensic Interviews (child and adolescent)
* Free legal aid services for victims with civil issues resulting from the sexual assault/abuse.
* Community awareness and education
* Professional training for schools, law enforcement, prosecutors, judges, medical and mental health professionals.
* College campus presentations
* Consultation for schools, media, government agencies, publications and educational films.
* Georgia Adolescent & Adult Sexual Assault Examiner (SAE)/ Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) Trainings provided statewide;
* Georgia Pediatric-Advanced SAE/ SANE Training Programs.
Forensic Medical Exams: 219 Crisis Calls: 1,070
Other Forensic Services: 15 Advocacy: 793
Forensic Interviews: 111 Legal Services: 1,286
Assist w/Court Cases: 76 Counseling Referrals: 193
67% of our victims are under age of 18 83% are under age of 22.