GREEN YOGA ASSOCIATION Overview
Programs: Green Studios Program:
Facilitating a network of Yoga studios who are employing environmentally aware business practices.
Green Yoga Conferences:
Gathering the community of academics, teachers, businesses and practitioners to share ideas and engage in ecologically informed Yoga.
Educating the community on the dangers of PVC based Yoga mats.
Today, the viability of earth’s life systems is in danger. If humanity is to survive and thrive, we must learn to live in balance with nature. Now is the time to cleanse and heal the earth and to establish a sustainable relationship with the environment for generations to come.
Therefore, as practitioners of Yoga we will:
* Educate ourselves about the needs of the biosphere as a whole and our local ecosystems in particular.
* Cultivate an appreciation for and conscious connection with the natural environments in which we live, including animals, plants, soil, water, and air.
* Include care for the environment in our discussion of Yogic ethical practices.
* Commit ourselves to policies, products, and actions that minimize environmental harm and maximize environmental benefit.
* And if we are Yoga teachers or centers, we will incorporate these commitments into our work with students.
Photos & VideoAre you the Nonprofit? Your photos and videos would look great here!
Promote This Nonprofit
Great Nonprofits badges allow you to raise awareness of your favorite organizations on your own web sites. for text link or graphic badge.Get badge