Oops! You must enter a search term greater than 3 characters.
Since 1996, Food on Foot is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing the homeless and poor of Los Angeles with nutritious meals, clothing, job opportunities, and assistance in the transition to employement and life off the streets.
Here are just a few of our Work for Food crew members that have graduated the program. These individuals are now working a full-time job, completely off of government assistance, and living in their very own apartment!
• October 2006 – Sonia joined the maintenance crew at Whole Foods in Beverly Hills.
• January 2007 – Kim D. joined the CPA firm Singer Lewak Greenbaum & Goldstein, LLP as a bookkeeper.
• March 2007 – Haggit R. was hired at Ralphs as a grocery bagger and now runs the deli.
• July 2007 – Ken D. began work as a Property Manager at an apartment complex in Glendale.
• February 2008 – Danny G. joined the maintenance crew at an aircraft parts company in Inglewood.
• March 2008 – Deborah S. began work as a cashier at Food 4 Less in Hollywood.
• July 2008 – Paul M. was hired at Martin Motors in Los Angeles washing cars.
• November 2008 – Paul D. was hired at the Law Offices of Jeffrey Sax in Downtown LA as a clerk.
• December 2008 – Walter P., after 10 years of homelessness, was promoted to Head of Client Relations for Food on Foot.
Invite friends and colleagues to share their experiences with this nonprofit
Food on Foot is a grassroots organization that directly helps the poor and homeless. They go way beyond serving food and donating clothes. They actively seek employers for their work crew who are ready to 'graduate' to more independent living--off the streets! Everything that's donated--money, food ...
I have been volunteering with Food on Foot for over a year and it is the highlight of my week. I started going once a month, and the experience is so rewarding and meaningful, I now look forward to this rich experience, and go every week. I have watched members from the line to receive food enter ...
See all 3 reviews »
Food on Foot is one of the most rewarding experiences I have ever had. It is not the same to just give a monetary donation as it is with my weekly attendance to serve and support those who want to get back to being a productive member of society. As a regular volunteer I can interact with not only ...
Support This Nonprofit
Promote This Nonprofit
Great Nonprofits badges allow you to raise awareness of your favorite organizations on your own web sites. for text link or graphic badge.