CHORAL ARTS LINK Overview
Profile ( less )
Target demographics: children and youth obtain equitable arts access options in choral training and professional development. Fees are set to allow participation by lower & middle income families.
Direct beneficiaries per year: We serve approximately 125 singers and their families per year via CAL programs. Our direct services' goal is 150 singers & their families per year.
Someone who had 3 hours of volunteer time could: 1. Volunteers to assist with registration for fall, winter and/or summer registration stations. 2. Sort music for restocking in choral library3. Set up music library database
Geographic areas served: Nashville and Middle Tennessee
Programs: 1. MET Singers: Honor Choir (school season) Celebration Youth Chorus (Nashville Symphony), Inspiration Point (Guest Artist Informances)
2. MET Choral CAMP, MET Vocal CAMP (summer season)
3. MET Academy program includes 3 significant projects:
- MET Choral Academy - after school choral training sessions
- Singing in the City Choral Retreats with professional guest artists
- WritingWorks: Choral commissioned works that are a cappella, or with
instrumental (folk, wind ensemble or symphonic) accompaniment