Mission: Cancer and Careers is dedicated to empowering and educating people with cancer to thrive in their workplace by providing expert advice, interactive tools and educational events. Through a comprehensive website, free publications, career coaching, and a series of support groups and educational seminars for employees with cancer and their healthcare providers and coworkers, Cancer and Careers strives to eliminate fear and uncertainty for working people with cancer.
Results: • Each year, more than 160,000 individuals tap into the information and resources on Cancerandcareers.org
• Our publications are distributed to individuals and cancer centers in all 50 states
• Our resource database provides access to over 450 programs and services
• Our bi-monthly newsletter reaches 6,000 subscribers
• 8,000 people read our “Living and Working with Cancer” workbook each year
• 25,000 Cancer and Careers publications in English and Spanish were distributed
• Over a thousand patients attend our educational events each year
• 850 oncology nurses, social workers, and other healthcare professionals will attend our accredited courses in 2011
• The majority of top cancer centers (MD Anderson, Memorial Sloan-Kettering,
Dana-Farber) and key cancer organizations (American Cancer Society, The Cancer Support Community, CancerCare) partner with us to provide the very best information,
resources and support
• Our publications are distributed at 29 of the top 50 cancer centers in the United States
• A vital resource for national media: Wall Street Journal, New York Times, National Public Radio
After being subjected to disability discrimination and retaliation in the workplace, I found Cancer and Careers online. I received free publications, which I shared with my employer when I quit my job. The information this organization provides on reentering the workforce after cancer has been very beneficial to me. Great organization - Thank you!
Professional with expertise in this field,04/05/2012
I work for an AYA program in a hospital and am constantly refering YA's to cancer and careers for sample resumes, workshops, and interview tips. Cancer and careers offers the best advice for young adults who's employment has been affecting by they're diagnoses.