BUILDING HOPE IN THE CITY Overview
Programs: - Volunteer and leader development initiatives.
- Urban church planting and the renewal of existing city congregations.
- Neighborhood-based ministries that address the educational, social, cultural and spiritual needs of city residents.
- Refugee and immigrant resettlement programs and community development.
- 120+ at-risk youth in weekly tutoring/literacy programs, where academic goals are set each semester.
- 150+ refugees and immigrants in programs including resettlement assistance, English classes and citizenship prep courses.
- The formation of a Swahili-speaking worship service among Burundian and Congolese refugees.
- Work underway to plant a new church in Cleveland's Westown neighborhood in 2013.
- Two annual service events that bring together nearly 700 people who each give 8+ hours of volunteer time to one of more than 40 area nonprofit organizations and urban congregations.
- The recent completion of a 10-year Strategic Plan by our Board and Staff that will guide our development through 2022.
- The formation of a sister organization, "Building Hope in the City - Cincinnati" which will become a separate nonprofit ministry organization in 2012.