BRAUSA Health and Fitness for the Sighted, Blind and Visually Impaired Overview
Target demographics: The blind and visually impaired community.
Geographic areas served: Greater Los Angeles, CA (though we hope to expand!)
Programs: We provide free Kapoeira classes for the blind and visually impaired. Due to its multi-faceted nature, Kapoeira provides many benefits to this community. Master Raiul created a curriculum specifically designed to cater to the challenges they face every day. Some benefits include:
• Improved balance and increased strength.
• Access to both aerobic and anaerobic exercise, which increases power and muscle mass and improves cardiovascular and respiratory systems.
• Development of gross motor skills (large body movements such as punches, kicks, acrobatics, and grappling) and fine motor skills (more detail-oriented movement such as playing various Kapoeira instruments – berimbau, tambourine, drums).
• Improved self-defense skills
• Increased socialization
• Increased self-esteem and self-confidence
• Having FUN!
Promote This Nonprofit
Great Nonprofits badges allow you to raise awareness of your favorite organizations on your own web sites. for text link or graphic badge.Get badge