Bethlehem Haven of Pittsburgh
Profile ( less )
905 Watson St
Target demographics: Homeless women ages 18+ in the
Western Pennsylvania area needing emergency shelter, transitional housing, mental health, dental, medical or podiatry services, as well as job training. Men 18+ are eligible for mental health and job training services.
Direct beneficiaries per year: In 2008-09, Bethlehem Haven served 729 women and men
Geographic areas served: Greater Pittsburgh and Western Pennsylvania
• Provided shelter to thousands of homeless women for over 10,000 consecutive nights.
• Engaged hundreds of patients in mental health care through the 902 Clinic.
• Provided vocational services through Project Employ to nearly 500 men and women.
• Opened SOAR (Safe Oasis and Residence) as the first “safe haven” in Pittsburgh, providing permanent housing to 16 chronically homeless mentally ill women.
• Provided up to two years of transitional housing and supportive services to 325 formerly homeless women since A Step-Up’s inception.
• Opened Ambiance consignment boutique in Regent Square and a second store in Oakmont. Ambiance serves as an essential marketing tool as well as a resource for our Project Employ participants to receive clothing and image consulting.