Armed Services YMCA of the USA (National) Overview
Profile ( less )
7405 Alban Station Ct, Ste B215
Target demographics: Military, Military Families, Enlisted Military, Military Children, Wounded Warriors, Active-Duty, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard, Army, Active Guard and Reserve, and Wounded, Injured and Ill.
Direct beneficiaries per year: 500,000 Military Families
Someone who had 3 hours of volunteer time could: Assemble photo quilts for Operation Kid Comfort or volunteer at a local branch, check out our map of our 33 locations here: http://goo.gl/maps/glHr
Geographic areas served: Nationwide
Programs: - Operation Kid Comfort.
- After School Programs
-Quality, affordable childcare
- Youth Development Programs
-Healthy Living Programs
-Deployment Support Programs
-Family and Youth Camps
-Operation Hero, an afterschool program to help children cope with the challenges of being a military child.
- The ASYMCA helped make military life easier for 500,000 military and their families.
- We partnered with the USO to send hundreds of military children to camp.
- Provide 1,000 new Military Families monthly with free YMCA or Private Fitness Memberships through a partnership with the YMCA and the Department of Defense.
- We provide free childcare for thousands of Military Families dealing with illness,through our Teddy | Child Watch Programs at our Military Hospital locations during appointments.
- With one grant, the ASYMCA was able to impact 12, 772 Military Families with emergency assistance through a partnership with Newman's Own and the Fisher House.