ALLIANCE FOR A LIVABLE NEWPORT Overview
Target demographics: 18-100
Direct beneficiaries per year: All Newport Rhode Island Residents
Someone who had 3 hours of volunteer time could: Volunteer Opportunities
Newport relies on volunteers. They are serving the city and its institutions all around town. That’s because we enjoy living in our wonderful city, seeing friends and neighbors, and contributing to the betterment of our lives in Newport.
The Alliance of a Livable Newport relies on volunteers and is currently seeking help from our neighbors in Newport. We need your help on the writing and editing our newsletter, planning and running public forums, and building our membership.
If you have a few hours a month, and to want to become involved with people that are working hard for the City of Newport, contact the Volunteer Coordinator and we will be in touch about the ways you can become involved with the ALN.
Geographic areas served: Newport, Rhode Island, Newport County,
Programs: http://newportalliance.org/videos/ Please view our video recording of recent forums here!
1. Promoting our quality of life in Newport
2. Serving as a community resource that finds solutions to issues affecting our community.
3. Actively pursuing causes that have a positive, city-wide impact.
4. Partnering with local government, schools and businesses to benefit our neighborhoods
Goals of Newsletter:
• To educate the public on ALN issues of focus.
• To publicize civic events, especially ALN forums.
• To direct people to further information on issues of focus on the ALN website and
• To widen the sphere of ALN influence by encouraging residents to become members and readers.
Topics in 4 areas of focus that are of most current interest to Newport residents as expressed at monthly ALN meeting. (Topics and “reporters” to be assigned by Newsletter Editor.)
Neighborhood News as put forward by a Neighborhood Association each month through an ALN Director.