Over 1.8 million nonprofits and charities for donors, volunteers and funders

Adar Foundation For Reparation & Development Of Somalia

Rating: 5 stars   1 review 372


6129 Leesburg Pike Apt 614 Falls Church VA 22041 USA


Write a Review
Invite Reviews Share This Nonprofit

More Info

Filter Reviews by Role

Promote This Nonprofit

GreatNonprofits badges allow you to raise awareness of your favorite nonprofits on your own web sites!

Review this charity on

Reviews for Adar Foundation For Reparation & Development Of Somalia

Rating: 5 stars  

Over 90% of the funding goes to straight to the people and the remaining 10% goes to poor women who manage feeding centers. The women who work at the feeding center use the salary (roughly 10%) to support their children's needs. None of the management team gets paid at all.

The unique aspect of this agency, and other Somali managed agencies, is that their reach and penetration to small villages that other international agencies cannot reach due to limitations of language, culture, familiariy with the area.

This NGO is based in the US and registered with the IRS. It manages small elementary school and feeding centers. Because of her medical education, Dr. Sadia wants to establish medical clinic and establish a program similar to barefoot doctors.

I've personally experienced the results of this organization in...

I got to know the president of the company, Sadia Aden, MD, MS. She does not get paid out of this organization and none of the management team.

If I had to make changes to this organization, I would...

Increase their capacity with more training and funding to expand their services which cannot meet the demands.

Flag review
Review from Guidestar