ACTION IN COMMUNITY THROUGH SERVICE OF PRINCE WILLIAM Overview
Target demographics: our neighbors in need
Direct beneficiaries per year: more than 80,000 individuals in need
Someone who had 3 hours of volunteer time could: Sort food in our food pantry, or sort clothes in our Thrift Store warehouse
Geographic areas served: Prince William County, VA
Programs: 1. ACTS Turning Points - the only domestic violence prevention and intervention program serving Prince William County, Manassas and Manassas Park (this program operates two DV Safe Houses).
2. ACTS SAVAS--the only sexual assault crisis center serving Prince William County, Manassas and Manassas Park.
3. ACTS Client Support Services--provides emergency financial assistance for utilities and medicine, as well as food from the emergency food pantry.
4. ACTS Helpline - Prince William County's only 24/7/365 telephone crisis hotline, which is certified for suicide intervention by the American Association of Suicidology.
5. ACTS Homeless Shelters (provides 86 beds--through two homeless shelters and two safe houses). Rapid Re-Housing program finds affordable, permanent housing for households--last year, we found permanent housing for 47 households, our goal was 20.
6. ACTS Thrift Store--our clients receive vouchers; profits go toward funding the ACTS program areas.