My Nonprofit Reviews
Review for Trees, Water & People, Fort Collins, CO, USA
I've been volunteering with TWP for over 4 years to help two Mayan villages (La Bendición and Nuevo Todos Santos) in Guatemala become a thriving sustainable community. I will be traveling to these communities in less than two weeks for my 5th visit. We've worked with the community on many projects, including:
* Commericalizing their honey production
* Updating and refurbishing their community building
* Rebuilding an furnishing their community kitchen
* Sourcing culturally appropriate spanish books for a community library
* Supporting their women's group with educational programs and support for their community garden
* Repairing their water reservoir
This trip we plan to provide school supplies, develop plans/funding for a new community kitchen for Nuevo Todos Santos and help re-initiate the youth group.
TWP is a strong force in advocating for Indigenous people in Central and North America. They impact the environment with their focus on Trees, water and the people. I've truly enjoyed working with them and getting to know the wonderful people in La Bendición and Nuevo Todos Santos. I've 'caught the bug' and will be working with TWP in Guatemala for years to come!