My Nonprofit Reviews
Review for Neurobalance Center, Barrington, IL, USA
I’ve been going to NBC since 2016. Here are 12 reasons on why:
(1) NBC is strategically located 15 minutes from my home.
(2) There is ample parking. The first row of the parking lot is for handicap with no step up.
(3) The facility is well thought out and design. For example, the closet when I walk in on the left has no door. There are six accessible bathrooms and a library.
(4) I’m greeted by my name as oppose to do you have an appointment. Or worst, who are you?
(5) The equipment is state of the art. NuStep (exercise bike) is designed by someone who has MS. As of this writing, there is new equipment coming in.
(6) The culture is dynamic with art class, cooking class, rock steady boxing, body rolling, yoga, etc.
(7) The staff is genuine, unique, and friendly. Me and Ali whisper and giggle like we are grade school kids.
(8) The MS and the Parkinson Disease class are affordable at a low price of $8 per class. There is no contract to sign or commitment to take a certain number of classes.
(9) The participants in the Parkinson Disease class are supportive. After my first PD class, two participants whom I just met encourage me to come again.
(10) Margaret and Joy introduced me to TripleFlex (hip flexors and foot drop) to help me with my walking. I wear it 90 % of the time.
(11) The one-hour Pilate class with Margaret is dedicated to me and only me instead of double booking or triple booking like other profit center. NBC is non-profit.
(12) The one-hour physical therapy with Gwen has the most significant impact. Gwen knows every bone and muscle in my body including muscles I didn’t know I have. She moves heaven and earth and pushes me to my limit. She’s also working with Margaret on a comprehensive plan for me. As an added bonus, I take a four-hour nap after each physical therapy session.
Thank you Joy and the staff at NBC for turning a vision into reality. You’ve made a difference in my life.