My Nonprofit Reviews
Review for The Menil Collection, Houston, TX, USA
Things I Love About the Menil (in no particular order):
• Noontime Talks – I have been to at least five. They are like a slice of yummy pie. Tasty, filling, and they leave you wanting more.
• Movies! – how much fun to laze on the grass and watch the mind-blowing cinema of Dali or other artists.
• Opening Talks – while I can read up on whatever exhibition is open, nothing beats hearing the curator give her or his insights.
• Neighborhood Events/Menil Fest – I’ve been to a bunch. Dancers, music, books, poetry, local artists….
• Cy Twombly Gallery – swooooon! So often when I visit I am the only person in there for long stretches of time. Somewhere I read that if the Cy Twombly Gallery was within 25 miles of Manhattan, it would be packed daily.
• The oak tree on the east end of the main building lawn, the one in front of the entrance to the Cy Twombly Gallery, and that awesome oak tree on the south boarder of the Menil Park.
• The Menil Gift Shop, the Menil Bistro, the Byzantine Chapel, Da Camera performances!