My Nonprofit Reviews
Review for Critter Care Adoption Inc, Evans City, PA, USA
Sounds like a trend with this lady. She (the vet that runs the program) has a dog that we've been trying to adopt for a month now. We went through a meeting with our existing dog and everything went well.
We were GRILLED about the vet records of one of our cats because of some dental problems that *may* have lingered just a smidge too long in her eyes. The vet records of our other 2 pets, including our dog, were completely overshadowed by what she may have interpreted as inappropriate care.
The backstory detail probably isn't important, so I'll just put the events in chronological order here:
1. Inquiry phone call in resopnse to Petfinder ad
2. Application submitted
3. Dogs met and got along well. We were 1 of 3 potential homes. Phone call promised by end of the week.
4. End of the week comes and goes with a thin excuse that she was ill and unable to call our references that week. Fair enough. Inconsideration forgiven.
5. 2 weeks go by
6. Saturday phone call saying she's ours if we're still interested! Yay! Note: none of our references were called. Of course we accepted!
7. I'm typing this on the day she promised to deliver the dog to us. It's 11:38am. She was supposed to deliver the dog "sometime Saturday afternoon...I'll call Monday and let you know what time". Needless to say, I probably wouldn't be writing this review if we had received that phone call. We have slim hope that she's coming home to us today.
Animals aren't being delivered to homes in a timely and considerate manner with this shelter. Having purchased our Freddy from a pet store (yes, i'm not ashamed...they need homes, too), I certainly hope this isn't an indicator of how other shelters are run.
This shelter will jerk your heart strings, make you prepare blindly, and then drop you seemingly without a second thought. The animals need homes, and they might be better off here than a kill shelter, but don't allow your hopes to get the better of you when dealing with them.
UPDATE: Sunday, 1:35pm. She FINALLY called us at 8:30pm last night (the day promised the 2nd go around) and told ME she'd be here with the dog between 1 and 2pm. Told my WIFE she'd CALL between 1 and 2 as she was leaving. She's 50 minutes away door to door.
She hasn't called or shown up yet.....
If I had to make changes to this organization, I would...
Be courteous. The process may take long because this isn't the organizer's living, but don't leave hopeful families hanging.
Will you volunteer or donate to this organization?
How much of an impact do you think this organization has?
When was your last experience with this nonprofit?