My Nonprofit Reviews
Review for Kibo Group International, Inc., Broken Arrow, OK, USA
In addition to donating to this organization, and raising donations for this organization, I went with them to Uganda, which allowed me to participate in and see firsthand all the incredible things they are doing. Here are my personal top favorite things about Kibo Group.
• Kibo Group puts power under people in Uganda by empowering them to change their own world.
• Kibo Group develops strong relationships and partners with Ugandans.
• Kibo Group approaches issues holistically (from all directions) – educating Ugandans on hygiene and sanitation, building community cooperation, encouraging equal rights.
A quick look at some of their projects
• Mvule Project – Tree planting – The land is so stripped of trees that they do not get rain they need, they do not have enough wood to burn for cooking and heat and mud slides have buried people alive.
• Women’s Empowerment – Just one example in this project is the fuel efficient stove. Cooking over an open flame burns too much wood, causing overwhelming smoke and children often get burned. Kibo Group is now spreading from village to village how to build the new stove out of mud that burns little wood, is smokeless and children do not get burned.
• Water Source – Clean drinking water - the biggest health issue. Kibo is working with villages to dig wells and rehabilitate existing wells.
I've personally experienced the results of this organization in...
I traveled to Uganda and saw first hand how this organization is working with Ugandan's to empower them to make changes in there life and their children's lives.
If I had to make changes to this organization, I would...
I would like find ways to raise awareness of what this organization is doing. I would also like to find new ways to increase financial support for their efforts.
Was your donation impactful?
How likely is it that you would recommend that a friend donate to this group?
How likely are you to donate to this group again?
When was your last experience with this nonprofit?
What specific problem, purpose, priority, or project prompted your gift?
I am significantly interested in women's empowerment and clean dring water.
Why did you make your donation at this time?
I continue to donate, as I am completely confident that my money in Kibo Groups hands will make a difference.
What would you tell others about this organization?
This organization doesn't just go in and fix a small piece of the problem, but instead is empowering and teaching people how to change their own circumstances.