Mission: The mission of Hep C Connection is to educate the general public about hepatitis C and to provide resources and support for those affected by the virus.
Geographic areas served: Our HelpLine serves callers from around the nation, while the rest of our programs primarily impact the state of Colorado.
Programs: PREVENTION, EDUCATION and AWARENESS PROGRAMS
- HCV Awareness and Prevention (though educational programs in jails, re-entry facilities, homeless shelters and upon request)
- HIV/HCV Co-Infection Program
- Anti-Body Testing (for HCV and HIV)
- Physician-led Educational Presentations for Physicians
- Speakers' Bureau
LINKAGE TO CARE
SUPPORT NETWORK PROGRAMS
- Hepatitis HelpLine 1-800-522-4372
- Support Groups
- Monthly Connections E-newsletter
- Our Website (www.hepc-connection.org)
- Educational Materials
- Physician-led Educational Presentations for Patients
I was infected with HEP C during surgery a year before I started treatment. I just finished last week and hope to have a positive result in July for final labs.I have had great support from Nancy at HepC connection with questions. I do not recommend going on line to chat lines. Every case is different. The night before I started I was preparing to be in bed for months-loosing ALL my hair (it did thin just a bit) but I do recommend the Book Living with Hepatitis C by Dr Gregory Everson. Use your phone to make sure you have an alarm to take you meds at the same time everyday--that was a huge help.I wish everyone well-I also juiced with apple-celery-banana-a slice of ginger- parsley or anything green. I will continue this forever--it is so healthy.Keep a positive attitude--you are the one who needs to take care of yourself--there is a lesson there!