The Staff at the Breast Cancer Society Inc. are so amazing! The organization really is passionate about the quality of life breast cancer patients and survivors have. They provide quality items in the warehouse for women to go shopping every month "free". Items provided
Mission: The guiding mission of The Breast Cancer Society, Inc. (The BCS) is to provide relief to those who suffer from the effects of breast cancer now, as well as to work cooperatively with and give support to other personnel, individuals and organizations that share in the goal of helping cancer patients, the critically ill, and the impoverished. This is done through such means as education, direct assistance, financial aid, and the providing of supplies and care-giving products, and referral services. Additionally, The BCS assist in the eradication of breast cancer through education and the support of breast cancer research.
Results: TBCS consistently increases its awareness efforts, as we believe that early detection can literally save a life. Recently, we have implemented a prominent online blog, targeting the challenges that research has identified that breast cancer patients are battling. We have also incorporated video testimonials of survivors, in effort to reach the newly diagnosed.
In 2012, the organization launched three new vital programs. Our non-medical In-Home Care, the Hope Scholarship Fund and the Empower Scholarship Fund. Each program is answering problematic issues surrounding a breast cancer diagnosis.
Target demographics: Women and Men battling breast cancer
Geographic areas served: National and International Organization
Programs: • To work closely with breast cancer patients and their families on a case-by-case basis in an effort to identify critical needs and to give meaningful support through such methods as financial aid, education, material supplies and commodities, and any other means deemed suitable to aid in alleviating the special needs brought on by breast cancer.
• Services are provided to recipients nation-wide, based on need, demand, and qualification.
• To procure products and commodities (gifts-in-kind) for distribution in accordance to the organization’s mission.
• To educate the public and cancer patients about breast cancer and various issues surrounding it and to fund special grants for research projects whose primary aim is to improve the prevention , detection, treatment of, or recovery from breast cancer.
• To inform the general public about the existence of The Breast Cancer Society (TBCS) and the services which the organization provides.
• To participate in efforts both domestically and internationally to alleviate human suffering through such means the procurement and distribution of donated commodities - primarily to breast cancer victims, and in some cases other critically ill individuals in the case of surplus supplies and urgent need.
Donor & Volunteer Advisory
This organization's nonprofit status may be in question. You'll need to check recent news about
this organization. For more information please visit
Federal Trade Commission
GreatNonprofits, as an impartial aggregator of reviews, takes no position on allegations made
or issues raised by third parties. However, donors and volunteers can read recent news about
this organization and determine for themselves whether such information is relevant.
The Staff at the Breast Cancer Society Inc. are so amazing! The organization really is passionate about the quality of life breast cancer patients and survivors have. They provide quality items in the warehouse for women to go shopping every month "free". Items provided range from personal hygiene to clothing and furniture, as well as prosthetic breasts and wigs. These are items that these women (including myself) could never afford since many of us are focused on medical insurance issues. They provide services as well such as home health care for patients going through treatments.
The Breast Cancer Society Inc. cannot take away the breast cancer but they put smiles on so many women's faces and give them encouragement and hope for not just a better today but an awesome tomorrow! I will be forever grateful to them for all they have done to make my journey lighter in the load I carried and I am happy to call them my friends.