Mission: Soldiers' Angels is a volunteer-led 501(c)(3) non-profit organization providing aid and comfort to the men and women of the United States Army, Marines, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, and their families. Founded by the mother of two American soldiers, we have hundreds of thousands of volunteers assisting veterans, wounded and deployed personnel and their families in a variety of unique and effective ways. Soldiers’ Angels responds quickly to requests for support and provides individualized, immediate assistance. It is a “one-on-one, get it done quickly” organization. Our volunteer Angels at home adopt individual deployed troops and stay in touch throughout their deployment. Wounded soldiers and their families are asked what they need, and Soldiers’ Angels responds in a hundred different ways: voice-activated computers; financial assistance for loved ones to stay with their wounded family member; phone cards to call relatives who can’t visit as often as they wish, etc. Both the organization and the program have grown, but, unfortunately, the needs of our deployed soldiers and their families are growing even faster. This is especially true for our young men and women who are wounded. The government is providing first-class medical care for our wounded soldiers, but it will never be able to provide all of what they deserve and so many services desperately needed by their families. Soldiers’ Angels works closely with the Department of Defense, the nation’s major veterans groups and a variety of other military support organizations to make sure these brave young men and women who are being helped.
Target demographics: the men and women of the United States Army, Marines, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, their families, and Veterans of all eras.
Geographic areas served: the United States and around the world
Programs: - Adopt a Soldier: Individualized support throughout deployment
- Angel Bakers: Homemade treats for the deployed
- Chaplain Support Team: Help chaplains support the troops
- Ladies of Liberty: Extra TLC for deployed females
- Letter Writing Team: Personal letters for the deployed
- SA Germany: Supporting medevac'd wounded/ill and medical staff at Landstuhl
- Valour-IT: Providing adaptive laptops for the severely wounded or injured
- VA Hospital Support
- Living Legends: Comforting the loved ones left behind when a warrior falls on the battlefield
- Operation Top Knot: Handmade gifts & virtual baby showers
- Adopt-A-Family: Holiday adoption program to support a family's holiday needs
- Women of Valor: Support to female caregivers of Post 9-11 wounded, ill and injured service members.
- Sewing Team: Handmade blankets, scarves and pillowcases
- Cards Plus Team: Extra TLC for soldiers and families