Mission: RESOURCE empowers people to achieve greater personal, social and economic success.
Target demographics: Last year, RESOURCE helped 19,188 individuals who were working hard to improve their lives:
• 4,713 laid-off workers and other unemployed or underemployed adults seeking employment
• 9,091 parents on welfare working toward self-sufficiency
• 909 "at-risk" youth struggling to survive and thrive
• 862 adults with disabilities or other barriers to employment seeking jobs and training
• 1,096 individuals grappling with substance-abuse problems--most with a history of relapse and many with prison records
• 2,517 adults with a mental illness living and participating actively in the community.
The 23,899 children of those served also benefited indirectly from their parents’ success in discovering their potential and achieving their dreams.
Direct beneficiaries per year: 19,188
Geographic areas served: Twin Cities Metropolitcal Area and St. Cloud, Minnesota
Programs: Our four operating divisions are: Employment Action Center (employment services), Minnesota Resource Center (training and employment services for people with disabilities or other barriers), Recovery Resource Center (chemical health services), and Spectrum Community Mental Health (mental health services).
I have had so many friends I've been able to refer to Resource: a teenager I was tutoring who dropped out of school, a older woman who lost her job, a man needing chemical dependy counseling and housing, a friend with mental and physical health issues. They've all gotten respectful help. I feel lucky to know about Resource.