Mission: Our Vision
To offer efficient and effective human services to Irving residents in need.
Irving Cares provides focused assistance for Irving residents to address a financial crisis.
Irving Cares will:
• Provide clients with services in a respectful and dignified manner without regard to race, color, gender, age, disability, religion or national origin
• Identify and address the needs of the Irving community
• Partner with clients to develop solutions that lead to self-sufficiency
• Work with volunteers, agencies, and organizations for greater impact and effectiveness
• Assure donors and supporters of superior management and fiduciary practices
• Implement a sound fund development plan in support of commitments to the community
Target demographics: Irving Cares serves Irving, Texas residents of both sexes, all ages and all ethnicities.
Direct beneficiaries per year: Irving Cares served more than 10,000 residents in fiscal year ending 2017.
Geographic areas served: Irving, Texas
Programs: a food pantry; financial assistance with rent, utilities, prescriptions and transportation; an employment services program and job search seminars; and information and referrals to other programs.
Irving Cares is a fantastic organization.As a single person of my age,I really felt uneasy about having to ask for any type of assistance for getting groceries.However, the staff was very friendly and treated me with respect.I am between jobs and simply did not have any groceries left and I was able to get enough food to last at least a week or two untill I start getting a regular paycheck.All the items I received were fresh and some were a better quality than what I buy when I am working.I appreciate and am thankful to all who volunteer,work,donate, or in whatever capacity they help. I am very pleased with my experince at Irving Cares.
i lost my job and needed help finding work. the people at Irving cares helped me find a job, put food on my table until i could get steady money coming in. they helped me when need it the most. the people seemed to really care about me and just listened. this place saved my life