Mission: GAB, Inc. was created by family members for family members. The purpose of this grassroots nonprofit corporation is to provide leadership and vision in developing and implementing programs, which support, strengthen, and nurture families in Nevada and to:
• Develop, support, and maintain respite and other types of programs for families in
• Maintain a vision for a lifespan focus for programs in Nevada;
• Provide leadership in the development of programs that support and strengthen families
• Provide a forum for communication and the exchange of information among families,
agencies, and businesses;
• Identify current methods of dealing with family issues and recommend improvement to
policymakers, including legislators; and
• Promote public awareness of family issues.
Donor & Volunteer Advisory
This organization's nonprofit status may have been revoked or it may have merged with another
organization or ceased operations.
I am one of the founding members of GAB, Inc. who formed this organization with other mothers of children with special needs. As parents to a child with special needs, our resources were limited. When forming this organization, we thought other parents/caregivers were probably dealing with similar situations as ourselves. This foundation has strengthened many families in Southern Nevada by giving them the necessary support to take one day at a time. I am proud to be part of this organization and what GAB has done to support families.
I have been with GAB for 6 years and nothing can effect your outlook as seeing our team at work. The love that goes into caring for an individual with special needs is shared by our staff and volunteers. Respite is like taking a deep breath knowing that your loved one is being cared for while you "Take a Break".
We are not there to replace you. We cannot do that. But we can be there for you when you need the time.