Mission: GAB, Inc. was created by family members for family members. The purpose of this grassroots nonprofit corporation is to provide leadership and vision in developing and implementing programs, which support, strengthen, and nurture families in Nevada and to:
• Develop, support, and maintain respite and other types of programs for families in
• Maintain a vision for a lifespan focus for programs in Nevada;
• Provide leadership in the development of programs that support and strengthen families
• Provide a forum for communication and the exchange of information among families,
agencies, and businesses;
• Identify current methods of dealing with family issues and recommend improvement to
policymakers, including legislators; and
• Promote public awareness of family issues.
Give me A Break, Inc., is a very small grassroots organization, that assisted my family and I with respite for my son with special needs. There Respite Day activity is a wonderful day that my son attends once a month that makes a world of difference. He really looks forward to going and interacting with the friends that he has met and the wonderful volunteers. It is akso a break for me, and I know that the volunteers have his best interest at heart.