Mission: Community Services League is dedicated to promoting self-sufficiency and providing resources to those in need.
Results: In 2008, CSL:
- served 19,303 Households (More than 45,000 individuals)
- helped to employ 185 Individuals and helped retain employment for 105 others
- provided 2,900 Job referrals to the unemployed
- distributed $524,515 in food and $87,735 in clothing
- provided 4,849 families with $529,384 in financial assistance
- placed 450 families in permanent housing
- provided counseling services to 3,616
- assisted 1,141 senior citizens
- provided 1,317 transports to the disabled and elderly
- provided referral to 4,953 clients for much-needed services
- served 1,228 families from the Christmas Store
- supplied 1,094 children school supplies to start the year
- provided 159 energy conservation classes
- provided $10,500 in optical exams, glasses and prescription assistance
In 2009, demand for services has increased by more than 25% and continues to grow!
Direct beneficiaries per year: More than 45,000
Geographic areas served: Eastern Jackson County, MO
Programs: Provides food, clothing, utility and housing assistance, medications, transportation, school supplies, holiday presents and dinner,and other basic human needs.
CSL has been assisting the needy of Jackson County for more than 93 years and today their services are demanded more than ever! I have had the pleasure of assisting with the school supply program as well as with the Christmas store helping to secure donations. Each year between the school supply program and the Christmas Store CSL serves more than 2,200 families who otherwise would have to go without!