Mission: Community Services League is dedicated to promoting self-sufficiency and providing resources to those in need.
Results: In 2008, CSL:
- served 19,303 Households (More than 45,000 individuals)
- helped to employ 185 Individuals and helped retain employment for 105 others
- provided 2,900 Job referrals to the unemployed
- distributed $524,515 in food and $87,735 in clothing
- provided 4,849 families with $529,384 in financial assistance
- placed 450 families in permanent housing
- provided counseling services to 3,616
- assisted 1,141 senior citizens
- provided 1,317 transports to the disabled and elderly
- provided referral to 4,953 clients for much-needed services
- served 1,228 families from the Christmas Store
- supplied 1,094 children school supplies to start the year
- provided 159 energy conservation classes
- provided $10,500 in optical exams, glasses and prescription assistance
In 2009, demand for services has increased by more than 25% and continues to grow!
Direct beneficiaries per year: More than 45,000
Geographic areas served: Eastern Jackson County, MO
Programs: Provides food, clothing, utility and housing assistance, medications, transportation, school supplies, holiday presents and dinner,and other basic human needs.
I have been involved with CSL for about 10 years. I have raised money, donated food and clothing. What a wonderful organization this is, at my job I frequently have people come in off the street looking for help with food, housing and jobs, I always know they will get help from CSL.
Recently I found myself in need of help and there they were CSL ready to help me out. I never thought I would need the help I have given in the past, but I knew that I could turn to CSL to help me through the bad times.