Community & Neighborhood Development,
Community Health Systems,
Mission: Our vision is a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination where everyone has the opportunity to realize their potential.
Our mission is to empower people and communities in situations of poverty, illiteracy, disease and social injustice. Our interventions aim to achieve large scale, positive changes through economic and social programs that enable women and men to realize their potential.
Results: BRAC has:
* made more than $6 billion in microfinance loans to 7 million women and their families,
* educated more than 6 million children,
* created more than 10 million employment opportunities,
* provided health education and services to 100 million people through women health promoters, and
* provided safe spaces, training and microfinance to thousands of adolescent girls
Target demographics: BRAC targets people, mostly women and children, whose lives are dominated by multiple forms of deprivation.
Geographic areas served: Asia, Africa and the Carribbean
Programs: BRAC reaches more than 138 million people worldwide through its micro-loans, education and health services, human rights and legal services, and self-employment opportunities. BRAC's 125,000 staff members work in 11 countries across the world - Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Liberia, Pakistan, Tanzania, Sierra Leone, Southern Sudan, Sri Lanka, and Uganda, with affiliate offices in the United Kingdom and the United States.