Birth Defects & Genetic Diseases,
Heart & Circulatory System Diseases & Disorders
Mission: The Adult Congenital Heart Association (ACHA) is a nonprofit organization that seeks to improve the quality of life and extend the lives of adults with congenital heart defects. Through education, outreach, advocacy, and promotion of research, ACHA serves and supports the more than one million adults with congenital heart defects, their families and the medical community.
Results: Below are ACHA’s 2015 programming outcomes.
• More than 800 ACHA members attended 17 different webinars in 2015. In addition, archived webinars are available on demand on the ACHA website and have had over 5000 views in 2015.
• More than 115 advocates from 19 states gathered in Washington, D.C., on February 25-26, 2015 to talk to their lawmakers about CHD.
• 17 new Ambassadors were trained, bringing the total to 73 Ambassador volunteers. These volunteers offered over 1,200 ACHA patient and family members personalized information and support.
• More than 186,000 website sessions in 2015. This included more than 141,000 users, accounting for over 382,000 page views.
• ACHA Facebook membership increased steadily through the year, from 5,735 people to 7,323 by year’s end – an increase of nearly 28%.
• Congenital Heart Walk’s sixth year, over 15,000 walkers raised more than $1.9 million in 30 locations across the United States
• ACHA published 93 posts from more than 20 bloggers, which were viewed approximately 58,000 times.
• In 2015 ACHA Ambassadors and staff presented on the importance of lifelong cardiac care at over 20 events. Hundreds of CHD patients and families received this carefully crafted message.
• There were more than 9700 topics and 92,000 posts on ACHA Discussion Forum.
Target demographics: Adults living with congenital heart disease, their families, and medical providers who serve congenital heart disease patients
Direct beneficiaries per year: over 15,000 people
Geographic areas served: United States
Programs: Heart to Heart Ambassador Program, Regional Events and National Conferences, Webinars, Discussion Forum, Adult Congenital Heart Disease Program Directory, Online and Printed Material, Congenital Heart Walks, Advocacy and Professional Programs; CHD Fellowships and ACHD Accreditation