Child Abuse Prevention,
Children & Youth,
Crime & Law,
Sexual Abuse Prevention,
Youth Community Service Clubs
Each week, the equivalent of a classroom of American children is lost forever due to child abuse, neglect, and bullying.
American Society for the Positive Care of Children was founded in 2011 as a 501(c) 3 nonprofit charitable organization from the strong desire of one caring individual to make a difference in the lives of abused children in America.
American SPCC is devoted to building an active, caring community and partnering with like-minded organizations. We advocate for American children, promote positive parenting, and raise public awareness of the epidemic of child abuse, neglect, exploitation, and bullying in America. Together with our community of supporters, we give a voice to the ‘voiceless’ — the abused, neglected, bullied, and marginalized children of America.
We provide a platform to promote social change, leading to a safer, healthier, and happier world for children. Reaching tens of thousands each month, our informational and help resources are invaluable to those in need seeking help with child abuse, neglect, exploitation, trafficking, bullying, foster care, positive parenting, child safety, Shaken Baby Syndrome, and more. Our help resources are used nationwide by children, youth, students, victims, families, parents, friends, neighbors, teachers, and professionals.
Please join us in our mission, as we fight the epidemic of child maltreatment in America. We encourage you to Step up. Speak up! Report it! Advocate for children, because they can’t. Unite with us to promote social change and realize our ultimate goal, To Improve Children's Lives!
We envision a society free of child abuse that promotes the positive care of children and youth and effectively addresses the epidemic of child abuse.
We empower a network of individuals and organizations dedicated to the positive physical, emotional, and intellectual development of children and youth in the United States.
Results: With limited resources, we have successfully...
* Developed an active multi-member Youth Advisory Board, and empowered youth leadership roles focused on the many areas of child abuse and child-abuse-related issues.
* Developed and initiated a grassroots movement of youth ambassadors promoting youth engagement, social and digital activism building greater public awareness of child abuse.
* Developed a community service/work hours’ program for students engaged in American SPCC awareness programs, activities, and campaigns.
* Hosted our 1st (very successful) annual Youth Forum live event in Portland, OR, November 2014 - "Listening to Youth-Driven Solutions."
* Commenced planning and preparing for our 2nd annual Youth Forum live event in November, 2015.
* Continued development and expansion of American SPCC's website offering online informational resource for child abuse, bullying, children's rights, and positive parenting.
* Commenced the development of our ‘THINK’ initiative. A branded Public Service Announcement online and social media child abuse awareness program.
* Increased public awareness of child abuse through our social media and online outreach campaigns, and built a larger (and growing) supportive community.
* Created and successfully executed 2014 #givingtuesday and year-end fundraising campaigns, and planning for 2015.
* Revised the organization’s overall five-year Strategic Plan, and developed our 2015 Annual Operating Plan, guiding our growth, managing our priorities, assigning our responsibilities, tracking our progress, and planning for cash, which will ensure the overall success and accomplishment of short-term and long-term goals.
Target demographics: Address the Silent Epidemic of Child Abuse, Neglect, and Bullying. Build Public Awareness of Child Abuse, and Advocate for Children.
Direct beneficiaries per year: Advocate for marginalized, abused, neglected and bullied children. Increase public awareness of the epidemic of child abuse and neglect in America. Build a larger active, engaged and nurturing community. Provide the tools and platform for socially-conscious members of the public to engage and make a difference. Develop our Youth Ambassador Program, and a multi-member Youth Advisory Board. Empower youth leadership roles supporting social change, to advocate for underprivileged, abused, and bullied children.
Geographic areas served: Carlsbad, CA
Programs: * Grassroots Movement of Youth-Inspired Solutions to End Abuse, Youth-Led school clubs, Youth Ambassadors, and youth-driven solutions.
* Annual Live Event Youth Forum - "Listening to Youth-Driven Solutions."
* Develop and implement an online social media and PR campaign promoting public awareness of child abuse and neglect, help resources, education, tips, and solutions.
* Build digital informational resources on child abuse, sexual abuse, bullying, foster care, advocacy for children, and positive parenting.
* Programs and campaigns focused on advocacy for children, and public awareness of the epidemic of child abuse and neglect.
* Awareness petitions and letter-writing campaigns supporting the U.S. ratifying the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.