The YWCA Princeton is a positive force and a beacon of light, hope, activity, and positive influence in the lives of countless families, in our community, and across the nation. Through our mission, “eliminating racism, empowering women,” we empower individuals, embrace diversity, nurture children and families, educate all, and welcome those new to area. And, we have doing it for more than 90 years. In summary, we make this community in which to live and work, and we transform lives.
It is the passion of our staff, the quality of our programs, and our “walking the talk” for which we are known. We advocate for inclusiveness and empowerment. We stand against racism and injustices. We nurture and provide opportunities for growth. We hold the hands of those in fear. We provide a safe haven for people to flourish. We are where one can “Live. Laugh. Learn.”
• Our Breast Cancer Resource Center, stands arm-in-arm with those living with, through, and beyond breast cancer. Our support groups, free wigs, wellness program, and outreach education initiatives are pivotal in breast cancer education and in the recovery process and have been so for 40+ years.
• Our ESL Programs are a source of education and literacy for adults from 37 countries who speak more than 27 languages. English education provides the foundation for a sense of belonging, community, job mobility, citizenship, and the ability for a parent to speak confidently with their child’s teachers and doctors.
• Our GED Program enables those once lost the opportunity to move ahead in life and secure gainful employment.
• Our Nursery School provides students from around the globe a dynamic place to grow and learn. We provide bilingual and multi-lingual children the opportunity to succeed not just in kindergarten, but in life.
• Our Dance, Martial Arts, Aquatics, Summer Camps, and Adult Education provide opportunities for self-expression, social interaction, and personal development.
• Our Adapted Classes in swimming and the arts provide those with physical or mental disabilities new experiences and their caretakers a respite.
• Our Before and After School Program provides a safe place for children in 11 schools across Lawrence-Montgomery-Princeton while their parents are at work.
• Our Financial Assistance Program, which represents 85% of our funds, exceeds more than $600,000 annually, and helps adults, seniors, children, and families to participate in our services and programs.