Over 1.8 million nonprofits and charities for donors, volunteers and funders

West End House Inc

45 pageviews

Claim This Nonprofit

More Info

Add to Favorites

Share this Nonprofit

Donate

Nonprofit Overview

Causes: Camps, Sports

Programs: The weh serves 1500 young people between the ages of 7 and 24. The weh is open six days a week, with additional outreach program hours provided twice a week in our local k-8 school. We are one of the largest teen programs in boston, serving nearly 130 teens each day with an annual membership of over 750 teens (57% of our annual population). Approximately 60% of our members come from allston-brighton, while the remaining 40% come from other high-poverty areas of the city - namely roxbury, dorchester, and mattapan. The weh offers programs in four key areas: academic success & college preparation/persistence, visual & performing arts, fitness & nutrition, and leadership & career development. This year, we added a full-time college success coach co-located at the weh and mass bay community college to support youth pursuing college degrees. This is an extension of our academic support initiatives that helped 96% of seniors graduate from high school and 91% enroll in college in 2014. Additional accomplishments include: ensuring 90% of at-risk high school freshmen are on-track to graduate in four years; increasing the number of youth employed year-round to 61; providing more than 95,000 nutritious meals filled with whole grains and fresh produce; and advancing 64% of youth to a higher level of arts instruction.

Community Stories

0 Stories from Volunteers, Donors & Supporters