Mission: The Tomorrows Children’s Fund was founded by a group of committed parents to help their children and others like them with cancer and serious blood disorders. In 1987, the Tomorrows Children’s Fund formed a partnership with Hackensack University Medical Center to provide our children with the best possible care, in a state of the art, bright and comfortable facility. Remarkable people like you, through donations and fundraisers, help TCF provide a warm, healthy and loving environment for children in treatment; a full scope of services to relieve families’ emotional and financial stress; the very best possible medical care; and funding for research on these diseases. All of which confirms our belief that through hope, hard work and heartfelt generosity, extraordinary things are possible.
Results: The financial burden these devastating diseases place on families can be overwhelming, and the last thing any parent should have to worry about when a child is diagnosed with cancer or a serious blood disorder is money. At Tomorrows Children's Fund, we've learned that by lightening the financial load, we can help make this difficult time a little easier to bear.
To this end, we strive to meet the needs of those who are financially overwhelmed with a full spectrum of services including, but not limited to:
• Assistance with mortgage, utility, car payments and transportation.
• Complimentary accommodations in furnished apartments near the medical center for parents whose children require lengthy hospital stays while undergoing bone marrow transplants or other extended treatments.
• Gift certificates from local supermarket chain stores for families in need of grocery supplies.
• Donations of coats, jackets and other suitable items for children and family members without adequate winter clothing.
• Appropriately sized clothing for those undergoing weight changes while under medical care.
• Educational grants for patients enrolled in college or secondary education who maintains passing grades.
• In addition to our direct financial aid programs, Tomorrow's Children's Fund also offers an array of free activities, events and support services for the children and those who love them; Sibling support groups and bereavement counseling to name a few. These are designed to ease the suffering of children and families on their long and difficult journey, and are provided at no cost through Tomorrows Children's Fund.
• Outings and events for the patient and their family.
• Holiday and birthday parties, food for parent and patient groups, entertainment for both the clinic and in-patient unit to bring some happiness and well deserved joy to our patients.
Target demographics: pediatric cancer and serious blood disorder patients
Direct beneficiaries per year: hundreds of Tomorrows Children's Families.
Geographic areas served: the Northern New Jersey area
Programs: financial, educational and emotional to relieve a family's stress.
My daughter was diagnosed with Hepatablastoma. Tomorrow's children went beyond making this journey easier for us. When a family is going through such a traumatic time in there lives the only thing you can think of is your child making it. The last thing you should have to worry about is financial burden. Tomorrow's children is an amazing organization and provides support in every way possible!