Programs: The rutherford b. Hayes presidential center opened to the public may 30, 1916. Open year-round, the center presents history in educational, informational, and entertaining formats for children, adults and researchers, both academic and genealogical. Each year some 60,000 individuals visit the museum, library, home, museum store, tomb and grounds. Programs include:museum, home and ground tours, academic research, lecture series, seminars, victorian teas, outdoor veranda concerts, civil war encampment and genealogy classes. The research library holds more than one million manuscripts, 100,000 books, pamphlets, photographs and other material relating to president hayes.