Over 1.8 million nonprofits and charities for donors, volunteers and funders

Ten Thousand Villages In Evanston Inc

28 pageviews

Claim This Nonprofit

More Info

Add to Favorites

Share this Nonprofit

Donate

Nonprofit Overview

Causes: International

Mission: Ten thousand villages in evanston, inc. (the "organization") is a non-stock, non-member illinois nonprofit corporation formed april 29, 1998 to create income for third world artisans by selling their products in the united states. The organization's primary activity is to sell quality handicrafts produced by low-income persons in developing countries. Other than retail operations, the organization's activities include educational programs for the evanston community with respect to issues such as economic justice, fair trade principles, and third world artisans and their handicraft techniques. The educational programs constitute approximately 5% of the organization's activities. The remaining 95% is devoted to the sale of handicrafts.

Programs: Sale of crafts produced by third world artisans

educational programs for the evanston community with respect to issues such as economic justice, fair trade principles, and third world artisans and their handicraft techniques

Community Stories

0 Stories from Volunteers, Donors & Supporters