Arts & Culture,
Arts, Culture & Humanities,
Mission: SCRAP inspires creative reuse and environmentally sustainable behavior by providing educational programs and affordable materials to the community.
Results: 1. We have launched programs in five states and soon will add a sixth state. Further we continue to do outreach in two additional states.
2. In fiscal year 2015, we diverted 152 tons of usable creative materials that would typically have become part of the waste stream. We make the materials – and reuse education - available, at a low cost, to entire communities including educators, artisans, crafters, creative entrepreneurs and families.
3. On an annual basis we educate over 3,000 young people and raise community awareness of creative reuse through events, fundraisers, and community outreach.
Target demographics: Our mission is to inspire creative reuse and environmentally sustainable behavior by providing educational programs and affordable materials to the community.
Direct beneficiaries per year: Mother Earth by diverting 152 tons of usable creative materials from the waste stream & educated over 3,000 young people and community members
Geographic areas served: Portland, OR; Humboldt, CA; Denton, TX; Tri-Cities, WA; Traverse City, MI; Baltimore, MD; and growing.
Programs: • Selling low-cost reused materials through Creative Reuse Thrift Stores
• Teaching youth about our environment, low impact living, and creative resuse through Camp SCRAP; Birthday parties; and workshops
• Supporting economic development thous Re:Vision Gallery, and Re:Boutique consignment shops;
• Encouraging participation through volunteerism, community events and workshops
• Reducing the amount of waste entering the landfills through our Fill minds not landfills program.