Mission: Rochester area neighborhood house, inc. , a nonprofit human service organization founded by communities of faith in 1968, assists our neighbors during times of hardship. We partner with the community and other social service providers to help those neighbors move toward self-sufficiency.
Results: Between 2010 & 2015 Neighborhood House:
• Provided essential services to 5,655 households living within our 100 square mile service area. About 17,000 individuals in our community have benefited from Neighborhood House services.
• Filled 10,180 food orders, providing our families with over 500 tons of food
• Hosted 13,186 visits to the Clothes Closet for gently used clothing and household items
• Granted $667,061 in direct financial assistance for a variety of essential needs including shelter, utilities, car repair, medications, etc.
• Facilitated distribution of $334,380 in utility relief through The Heat And Warmth Fund
• Transported clients to 2,859 medical appointments and other essential services booking 89,292 miles in our van
• Benefitted from 52,728 volunteer hours to provide these services
• 71% of our families live in Rochester/Rochester Hills
• 90% of the annual budget comes directly from private donations from the community
• 100% of the annual budget stays in the community
Target demographics: Rochester Area Neighborhood House, Inc., a nonprofit human services organization founded by communities of faith in 1968, assists our neighbors during times of hardship. We partner with the community and other social-service providers to help our neighbors in need move toward self-sufficiency.
Geographic areas served: Rochester, Rochester Hills, Auburn Hills, Oakland Township, Addison Township
Programs: Provide assistance with shelter, food, clothing, transportaion, counseling and other matters for those requiring help in the greater rocheste area.