Mission: To provide safety, education, and empowerment to the victims of domestic abuse and sexual assault and to the community.
Results: 106 women sheltered this year
58 children served through our Child Advocacy Center
3000 students reached through our Teen Dating and Relationship program
Programs: • We are a 501c3 community based nonprofit serving North Idaho’s 5 northern counties
• Counseling Center-- open to ALL victims any age and their families
• Domestic Violence Safe Sheltering-- for women and their children; we can also shelter men in a separate location
• Pet sheltering—a safe haven for pets while the victims seek shelter
• Child Advocacy Center – referrals from CPS, Law Enforcement, and/or Hospitals for multidisciplinary team interviews of child victims of sexual assault
• Court and Legal Advocacy—walking and guiding victims through the court process for protection orders and through prosecution
• Hospital Advocacy program—direct emergency room response to sexual assault cases
• Teen Outreach and Education-- offering classes and special presentation programs to all ages on topics to end violence and sexual assault, in the communities and in schools from 4th grade through college
• Empowerment classes-- through our court advocate specialist
• Outreach—community events, marches, awareness activities, days of healing
• Training's—Trauma Informed Care, Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Program training's to other service industries
I work here, of course I love it! I can't share most of the stories I hear, one because they are confidential in nature, two because they are traumatic. HOWEVER, there are many empowering and heart warming stories to share. It may take a victim 4 tries to get out, before actually leaving a highly volatile situation.
I am committed to donating when I can for what I can as well.