Grupo de Veinte Foundation is based in San Diego, California, and is now bringing "SOLAR LIGHT where this is NO ELECTRICITY" to the very-poor, humble, hardworking, and most-appreciative indigenous people of the high-Andes Mountains in Peru, South America.
My wife and I selected this Foundation to support with our time, talent and treasure for the following reasons --
1. 100% of Donations go to Projects! James & Cece Simon, founders & missionaries, pay their own travel costs the 3 months they live among the people (Oct-Dec) in Peru and pay all administrative costs for their public 501(c)(3) Foundation.
2. EFFICIENT -- Where possible, schools, nurseries, and soup kitchens are designed in modules so that a portion or all of a project can be duplicated elsewhere with less time and expense.
3. ABILITY TO GET PROJECTS DONE -- James Simon is a Planner, Estimator, Expediter, and Problem-Solver. Importantly, he is a great "Listener".
4. INTEGRITY -- We have know James and Cece since 2007 and can vouch for their honesty, dedication and commitment. They are an amazing couple, readily accepting guidance from the Holy Spirit and, thus, able to accomplish great things. When home in San Diego, they are Eucharistic Ministers, volunteer in many ways and James has headed up the Prison Ministry Team at Donovan Prison.
5. ACCOUNTABLE -- They are financially responsible and report 3 times a year to update donors on progress of projects. Every donated dollar is accounted for and, at a minimum, an annual financial statement is sent to all donors.
Gerard & Beverly Greer, Donors & Volunteers