Over 1.8 million nonprofits and charities for donors, volunteers and funders

Dove Creek Equine Rescue

242 pageviews

Nonprofit Overview

Mission: We are dedicated to the rescue, rehabilitation, retaining and rehoming of horses that have been neglected, uncared for, or abandoned.

Results: Since our inception in September of 2012, we have re-homed over 75% of the horses we have received while maintaining the other 25% that are not adoptable, thanks to the generosity of our supporters. We house, feed, nurture, provide medical care, train, and re-home each horse when they are ready to form relationships with their new owners. By only adopting out horses that we feel are ready, we ensure a successful adoption.

Target demographics: A Better World Through Compassionate Care Of Horses. We are dedicated to the rescue, assistance, and rehabilitation of horses that have been neglected, uncared for, or abandoned.

Programs: The rescue and care of horses in need.

Community Stories

2 Stories from Volunteers, Donors & Supporters



Rating: 5

My girls went through a traumatic experience a little over a year ago. We started letting them volunteer at Dove Creek and it was life changing for them. The staff was wonderful and just getting to be around these horses that were "broken" as well made all the difference in the world. I honestly don't know what we would have done without this wonderful place! They have learned so much and I can not thank the staff and this place enough for what they do for these beautiful horses and for helping my girls at the same time.



Rating: 5

I had the pleasure of being a volunteer at Dove Creek nearly 7 years ago; now I'm a part paid employee for the Rescue. This place has brought joy and peace back into my life, as I hit a hard time 3 years ago. Being able to work with the horses is so healing, and the rest of the staff and volunteers are so much fun to be around and work with! It makes me enjoy my job that much more!