Child Day Care,
Children & Youth,
Mission: We advance the success of young children by partnering with families, professionals and the community through exemplary services, training, research and advocacy. We accomplish our mission within a culture of innovation, collaboration and shared leadership.
Results: We serve more than 3,300 NKY and Cincinnati children at 187 locations (family child care, in-school preschools, early childhood development centers, before and after school programs, extended educational care programs, family teen centers, etc.) each year.
We engage nearly 25,000 NKY and Cincinnati students in service learning projects each year.
- Last school year, these students raised and gave away $162,466 to support local, national and international causes.
Last year, 917 volunteers gave time to various projects for Children, Inc. children and centers.
• 89% of children met or exceeded age appropriate fine motor skills like writing and manipulating small objects
• 97% of children met or exceeded age appropriate gross motor skills like moving large objects
• 90% of children met or exceeded age appropriate cognitive skills like matching and counting
• 87% of children met or exceeded age appropriate language skills like reading comprehension and naming objects
• 96% of children were able to exercise age appropriate self-control
• 97% of children demonstrated age appropriate initiative
• 94% of children were securely attached to an adult in their lives
Geographic areas served: Northern Kentucky and Cincinnati
Programs: Childcare, preschool, Kindergarten, extended kindergarten services, Montessori and traditional classrooms, service learning programs, before and after school programs, Summer camp, teacher training, Montessori teacher training, social emotional training, DECA training in partnership with Devereux Center for Resilient Children, family child care